UNDER NEW OWNERSHIP
After the Reformation of 1534, Württemberg's ruler, Duke Ulrich, took ownership of Hirsau Monastery and the monks had to leave. In 1556, his son Duke Christoph established a Protestant monastery school. The construction of a hunting lodge was a particularly obvious demonstration of this new ownership. Duke Ludwig von Württemberg had it built south of the conclave by his court architect, Georg Beer, between 1589 and 1593.